"Hi, I'm collecting for the children's hospital".
I remain silent.
"Do you speak English" he says in an American accent after I don't respond to more questions.
He's wearing a vest with the words Children's hospital printed across the front and a identity stuck to it I can not read.
"How do I know your identity badge is valid?" I asked dubiously.
"You can check my website... no I didn't mean that...".
I slam the door. He didn't know I have security cameras all around the place.

Little did that fool know that you speak your own version of English.
ReplyDeleteYou should have given him the link to your blog. That’d have fixed him.
TC
Watch your grammar, TC.
ReplyDelete“Door-to-door or street cash collectors claiming to represent a children's hospital in the Hutt Valley are frequently unverified or outright scams. Health New Zealand and local authorities have previously issued explicit warnings that individuals asking for on-the-spot money or personal details for hospital equipment in Lower Hutt are not legitimate”
ReplyDeleteGoogle search
TC
Well done in slamming the door shut Robert.
ReplyDeleteTC