Saturday, 5 September 2026

Did you feel it?

 4.9 off Paraparaumu. 6:34 am

For me it was one little quick jolt followed a few seconds later by sharp backwards and forwards movement. 1234! Over in half a second. 

I was sitting with my back facing away from the fireplace above which is the old brick original chimney. Not a wise choice of seating. I'll move my chair and rearrange the lounge later. 

I've been wearing my moon boot again. It helps a lot. There is almost no pain when walking this morning. I'll wear it for a few weeks when I work and go out. 

Off to church in about an hour. 

Lets take a look at today's readings.

First reading: 1 Corinthians 4:6-15

Paul warns of taking sides. He thinks God has put the apostles at the end of the parade with the men sentenced to death....fools for the sake of Christ...we have no power. He says they go without food and drink and clothes, are beaten and have no homes, and work for a living with their own hands. We are treated as the offal and scum of the earth. "It was I that begot you in Christ by preaching the good news".

Psalm 144

"The Lord is near to all who call upon him".

Gospel Luke 6:1-5

Jesus goes for a walk through the cornfields on a Sabbath. The Pharisees see Jesus' disciples picking ears of corn, rubbing them in their hands and eating them. They say "why are you doing something that is forbidden on the Sabbath".
Jesus answered them "So you had not read what David and his followers did when they were hungry- how they went into the house of God and took the loaves of offering and ate them and gave them to his followers, loaves which only the priests are allowed to eat?" And he said to them, "The Son of Man is master of the Sabbath".

"The sun will rise again and so will you". 

PS  Comments aren't available at the moment. Don't blame myself or the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is not working? Check your third party cookie protection.

Did you feel it?

 4.9 off Paraparaumu. 6:34 am For me it was one little quick jolt followed a few seconds later by sharp backwards and forwards movement. 123...