On Friday we decided to detour from the Transmission Galley route home and stop off at the Fisherman's Table for a fish lunch at Paekakariki. I turned off at Waikanae thinking we would have a drive on the old route and was bemused that the only road went west to the beach. Google redirected me onto the motorway again as I hadn't remembered that they had reused part of the 'old' road. My beloved L was nice and didn't give me too much of a hard time, just saying "Why didn't you turn of at the same place we did last time". There's no arguing with a woman's logic.
We had a luncheon on Saturday which went very well apart from Rod forgetting and RBB having to ring him up and remind him. To his credit he arrived in half an hour.
On the way back past Sanson, or was it Shanon, we found this car. Why did they name two towns that are at key junctions so similar. "Which way did you come, Shanon or Sanson?"
..."err yer I think so umm ..".
I pulled up ...
at this gate...
The gate.
There was no sign of life.
It was a wonderful weekend. Many thanks to all the Prowses who contributed to making the Saturday lunch so enjoyable.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Have you locked the front door?