I've been using "The Cylinder Guy" to fix my old kaput Infinity Gas water heater.
It's a franchise but the guy servicing my area, Craig Stevens, has been really good. He gave a full explanation of my options and has been prompt in arranging the replacement. A plumber came around the same day to 'skope' the existing unit.
021 02937702
It's costing me $3,106.75 gst inclusive.
Estimates I had online suggested up to $5000.
It will be installed tomorrow morning.
Of course there is an option of heat pump water heaters for several thousand more. If you have a mortgage you can get a 1% loan over three years at ANZ. Craig pointed out that since I am paying line charges anyway for my gas stove top; changing to electric would make sense to buy an electric range for cooking too and cancel the gas. More dollars. More hassle. I decided to stick with gas. Power savings take a long time to recuperate the installment cost and at my age ....
I'll report back tomorrow after the installation.

I’m arranging an electrician to come and install a low wattage heater in our linen cupboard.
ReplyDeleteThey have told me that the reason for the long wait time is the high demand for conversion of gas appliances to electricity because of uncertainty of supply due to the Iran war and Middle East situation.
That makes as much sense as Trump saying things Trump says. Natural gas comes through pipes extracted from the Taranaki basin. So what if it runs out in a few years. 'A low wattage heater ' won't be mains pressure! It will trickle out like a thing that trickles.
ReplyDelete