Here's an interesting blog for a change.
Have you noticed how people always say that we can't go faster than the speed of light? But light is just an example of something doing the maximum speed in the universe. This is because photons have zero Mass. So it can. Anything with Mass will be held back and take longer to achieve 300,0000 m/sec*. But of course 300,000 m/sec would take a lot of energy. Infinite energy actually. So we will never overtake a light ray. Why it is that 300,000 meters per second is the fastest anything can go I don't know, but it is just more or less by chance that light can achieve that speed. In fact seconds and metres are arbitrary things we invented. A second is based on a heart beat and a meter on a man's stride. It's more exact to just say the (speed of light) = c = 1. Hence e=m x c2. E=M is really enough. The constant c to the power of 2 just includes space/time. Energy=Mass. It also takes energy to go to Mass on a Sunday.
Also while I am sitting in my lazyboy I can be thought of as progressing at the speed of light. As soon as I get up and walk around I am altering time/space and it would appear to someone sitting in my lazy boy that I have aged less. Not only appear so but be so. The more we move and travel the less we age. TC has flown to Australia and hence will have aged less than RBB who stayed sitting on his couch! He doesn't have a lazy boy. Personally I think he should but space probably won't allow it. Maybe he doesn't have time either to drive to the Johnsonville Sallies and buy one for $36 like I did. Space/time is against him.
This is proved by satellite navigation GPS. Because the satellite is in space moving it is aging slower than us stationary objects on earth so a correction has to be applied.
Can't wait for all the positive comments to start rolling in now I'm writing interesting posts.
* A bit less really.
Yes, an interesting post.
ReplyDeleteTakeouts for me are:
* Richard is a lazy bastard.
* He and you are ageing faster than me.
*Mass held me back when I attended years ago.
TC
Yawn.
ReplyDelete