I heard a great comment from the film star Jimmy Carey
"I really love my spiritual life.
I've seen enough,
I've had enough,
I am enough".
I think there comes a point in all our lives when we have enough. This world gets a bit like.... "would I really want to live to 900". You've seen it, done it, and tried it. Good friends and loves make it worth staying around. But for those of us who's loved ones, be they parents or spouses, are no longer here...
Jimmy has realized that the spiritual is more to his liking.
I agree.
"Head too much in the clouds." As Bob used to say.
ReplyDeleteWe had a nice dinner at our local Italian restaurant tonight.
ReplyDeleteThere was nothing spiritual about it nor hedonistic. It was just nice and there's no way that I've had enough of that.
"You're a long time dead" - my father used to say.
What was the name of the restaurant?
ReplyDeleteMariLuca Ristoro - 55 Mulgrave Street. Damned good - we should go there sometime. You can stay the night at our place (but it would be best to park at the top of Marjoribanks Street in Mount Victoria).
DeleteTC